Skip to content

Travel and residence

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark has no liability for the accuracy of the information available on the website, which is provided by other authorities. The Ministry cannot be held liable for any third-party claims or losses of any damages based on the information provided on the website.

In this section of the home page, you can learn more about what kind of assistance the Embassy can offer you whether you are a Danish citizen or a South African national.

For Danish citizens, the Consular section issues Danish passports and provides assistance in connection with illness and death, money transfers, theft, imprisonment, etc.

For South Africans (and other African nationals), the consular section issues short term visas as well as residence permits.

As a general rule a fee is applicable for most services. Please see our fee list here.

The Embassy is not empowered to grant funds in cases where Danish nationals are in need while travelling abroad. This applies whether it concerns requests to borrow money for a ticket back to Denmark, payment of hospital bills, medical evacuation to Denmark, legal costs etc.

For advice to Danish nationals on travelling abroad, please visit the Consular home page of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Råd om udlandsrejser og Rejsevejledninger, Danish only).