Skip to content

Marital Status

 - or Letter of No Impediment

Letter of no impediment

A "Certificate of Marital status" or "Letter of No Impediment" must be obtained from the municipality where you resided most recently in Denmark. It can be issued in English and should subsequently be legalised/apostilled by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

If you want to verify your South African marital status, you must contact Department of Home Affairs. Read more here
Embassy of Denmark

iParioli Office Park, Block B2
1166 Park Street
Hatfield 0083

Phone +27 (0) 12 430 9340